Tuesday, March 10, 2009

house shopping

I just found out yesterday that I was approved for off campus housing next year!! I know that  for most of you, living off campus is no big deal, but Vanderbilt is a residential college, so its difficult. but, ahhhh I'm so excited. Nashville probably has the coolest homes and apartment buildings... ever. and now, house shopping is becoming my new favorite thing to do.

ok, so since its all i can think about, and since i feel like im working all the time, these are some things that Im mostly beyond positive, my house has to have.
jake and i fell in love with this couch two years ago and swore that we'd have it in our house one day if we ever got that far. 
its the number one must over all the others.

lancaster leather studio sofa: restoration hardware

this chair and ottoman are also from restoration hardware and i really like the modern stitching and simple elegance of it. its probably whiter than i would like, but i love how clean it looks.

harrison chair and ottoman: restoration hardware

these next four are from anthropologie and to be honest i already asked for the green chair for my birthday. and when that was flippantly turned down, i asked for it again for christmas....
im still waiting. the bed and accent chairs are wonderful wants as well.

          
corrigan chair, madeline chair, casa mila bed: anthropologie

this armoire just kind of makes you die on the spot. second to the couch, i neeeeeed this!! there is no better piece of furniture than a floor to ceiling armoire. my housemates/bestfriends had one in our fayetteville house this summer and i loveloveloved it.
bird-cut armoire: anthropologie

2 comments:

  1. Love all the pieces! I think the green chair is my fav. I can't wait to come stay at your house :) We have to make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the green chair. Crate and Barrel had one very similar that I was obsessed with. Doesn't really go with anything in my apartment, but love just the same.

    ReplyDelete