Sunday, February 21, 2010

year of meteors.


something quite sad happened tonight.
but first, to explain fully, i need for you to go to pandora, or itunes, or youtube, or something and listen to laura veirs.
second. i have to ask you to glance at my post from this morning (the metric album titled-one)
third. i have to tell you the story.

i went over to jakes earlier to join him on his porch and he asked me if i wanted to go to the basement tonight. i said, i wish. who's playing. he said laura veirs.
BUT I GUESS, i wasnt paying attention because the only take home message i got was that the lead singer of My Morning Jacket sang with her on 8 songs of her album. and jake had asked Grimey if he was scheduled to appear. her actual name is still hovering somewhere over argyle street, haunting. me. in the land of missed opportunities and failed conversations...

so tonight, after the show, while ive been reading diligently for my thesis draft, jake calls, and in a pained voice tells me how much i would have died/loved this show. he continued, it was all you, your style of music... everything.

and i said, really!? whats her name again? ill look her up.

mmhmmm yes.

he said, laura veirs.

fourth. i realized that my thesis draft is not due until next week. which was the reason i wasnt listening (i was stressed and distracted i guess) and the reason why i didnt attend.

frownsallaround.

No comments:

Post a Comment